Inhalt des Dokuments
- Research Assistant - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
- Student Research Assitant in the field of Robotics
Research Assistant - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
Tuesday, 25. October 2022
The Cluster of Excellence
“Science of Intelligence (SCIoI)” is a highly interdisciplinary,
Berlin-based research center that investigates intelligence, both
biological and artificial in an ethically responsible way. The center
is home to researchers from many disciplines, including psychology,
neuroscience, behavioral biology, robotics, vision, ML, control, and
AI. This position is part of this Cluster of Excellence.
Reference number: IV-662/22 (starting at 01/05/23 / until 30/04/26)
Closing date for applications: 24/11/22
The goal of this project is to devise learning methods for complex
problem solving in robots. As a
benchmark domain, we consider mechanical puzzles that must be actuated in the right sequence to be solved. We take inspiration from cockatoos solving the same mechanical puzzles. These birds learn robust problem-solving strategies with very little data. We collaborate with behavioral biologists to understand the underlying principles realized in the birds’ behavior. The project leverages these principles to serve as an inductive bias for robotic learning. The project will thus produce novel innovative, biologically-inspired learning methods to generate complex, general, and robust robot
behavior. Contributions are expected to robotics, machine learning, and behavioral biology.
possibility of a doctorate.
- Successfully completed university degree (mater, diplom or equivalent) in computer science or similar field
- Research experience in robotics, machine learning, computer vision, and/or control
- Interest in interdisciplinary research in the context of the Center of Excellence “Science of Intelligence”
- Excellent software engineering and programming skills in Python and C++
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
Candidates should upload their application, indicating the Key
SClol-C5-49, preferably via the portal
scienceofintelligence.de/jobs  to receive full consideration.
Motivation letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts of records (for both BSc and MSc), copies of degree certificates (BSc, MSc, PhD if applicable), proof of English skills, abstracts of Bachelor-, Master- and (if applicable) PhD-thesis, list of publications and one selected manuscript (if applicable), two names of qualified persons who are willing to provide references, and any documents candidates feel may help us assess their competence.
You can find the job opening also here .
Student Research Assitant in the field of Robotics 
We – the Robotics and Biology Lab – are looking for enthusiastic students that help us improving the capabilities of our robot platforms. We offer a flexible, collaborative work environment and the opportunity to learn and gain valuable experience in a wide range of robot-related topics. Reference Number: 3434T94/21 (only for students of Universities in Berlin; permanent vacancy: several posts, recruitment usually on 01.01., 01.04., 01.07. and 01.10.) Working field:
- Designing soft robotic hands
- Conducting of robotics experiments
- Developing and testing software (perception, planning, control)
- Building and testing integrated circuits
- Teaching support
- Excellent programming skills (C++ and/or Python)
- Knowledge of Linux applications
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken
- Basic robotics knowledge (such as kinematics, dynamics, planning, probabilistic methods, etc.)
- Knowledge of computer vision (dealing with RGB and RGBD cameras)
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms
Please send your application, quoting the reference number 3434T94/21, with the following documents: cover letter, curriculum vitae, matriculation certificate, transcrip of records and other supporting documents (summarised in one pdf file, max. 5 MB) by e-mail to Prof. Dr. Oliver Brock firstname.lastname@example.org. 
Tel. +49 30 314-73 110
Fax +49 30 314-21 116
Room MAR 5.032
e-mail query